Mixtape_Ave

Monday, May 30, 2011

Nas Titles New Album 'Life Is Good'

Tags: MTV Shows


Nas Escobar, one of Hip-Hops most celebrated MCs is ready to make his re-entrance into the rap game with his newly titled album "Life Is Good." The Queensbridge king made the announcement earlier today via his Twitter account. "My album title is - Life Is Good" God's son wrote on Twitter.

Recently MTV News caught up with Nas where the MC elaborated on his highly praised rap flow.

"I like to stay doing me," Nas said. "I think the style is timeless. I hear it in a lot of people and it reminds me how timeless it is, the kind of style I do. And once I hit it, and it's right, it's golden. If I'm a little off with it? Ahh, I can't even listen to the song ever again. I'm just trying to perfect it so that it's right and it doesn't sound like I'm just doing something I [already] did. It feels fresh; like this is the first time I'm ever doing it."

Critics have heaped critical praise on Nas ever since his Illmatic debut was deemed a classic back in 1994. But the "Hate Me Now" MC has still been endured his fair share of criticism over the years. And he may be his own worst critic.

"My last record, I can pick a song or two, or three that I could have did without," Nas said, referring to 2008's Untitled. "And there's songs that I left off the album that I should have put on [it]. We all go through that. So with this record I want to be able to put it on and listen to the whole thing."

Tags MTV News, Nas, Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by The MixTape Ave