Mixtape_Ave

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birdman Questions The Competition


"I don't see nobody..."

In a recent interview with XXL, Baby, rapper and co-founder of Cash Money records stated that he doesn't understand where the competition went? He's been in the game for a while and for a time there were a lot of people "doing it," he says "When I look around, through my years and my time, you know, the game, it was a lot in the field, a lot of people doing it, And I look around, and it's like, where the f*** did everybody go? Baby has managed to stay way ahead of the game with promoting protege and "son" Lil Wayne to run Young Money. Baby says "he [Wayne]was like, "Let me handle, it." At the time, me as an artist, losing my sister and everything I was going through personally, I was just like, 'Go ahead, I'ma just support what you gon' do. You can handle it.' And I took a step back. Probably was the [smartest] move I ever made in my life was to let him go 'head." Other artists that are in his ranking would be Jay-z, 50 Cent, and Diddy.

Is his statement about the competition accurate? Where did everybody go?




Source: sohh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by The MixTape Ave